2004
Volume 5, Issue 4
  • ISSN: 2468-2187
  • E-ISSN: 2468-2195

Abstract

Poles of the verhoefslaging on the Lekdijk between Amerongen and Vreeswijk

The originally 12th century dike (33 kilometres) was maintained by the owners of the land behind the dike. This system is called in Dutch verhoefslaging. The dike was divided in approximately 630 parts which differ in length. The parts were marked by stone poles with numbers (and letters). Around 1985 most poles were removed. Nowadays some of them are located in the inner city of Wijk bij Duurstede. They date from 1748 or 1768. The dike will be reinforced in 2023. A good moment to relocate the existing poles to the dike.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/journals/10.5117/THG2020.4.003.BEMM
2020-01-01
2021-10-26
Loading full text...

Full text loading...

http://instance.metastore.ingenta.com/content/journals/10.5117/THG2020.4.003.BEMM
Loading
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error